M7: Manage resident waste responsibly
Much of what residents typically throw away can be composted or recycled. Providing resources to make composting and recycling convenient for residents can dramatically reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills.
- Provide kitchen recycling center and compost bin
- Provide dedicated recycling facilities for storage and handling of aluminum, glass, plastic, white and mixed paper, and cardboard
- Provide information to residents on area hazardous waste handlers for disposal of electronics, paint, cleaning products, etc.
- In multifamily projects, provide a fluorescent bulb exchange program at no cost to residents
- Install communal compost bins for small developments or multifamily housing and implement district composting for larger developments
Publications and Links